Make Back to School More Fun with DIY Pinwheel Pencils
Looking for a way to make back to school more fun? Try making these DIY Pinwheel Pencils with your kids! With just a few basic supplies, you can create a pretty (and entertaining) way to dress up a basic #2 pencil. Your kids will be the envy of their classmates!
Here's what you'll need:
- Thick piece of paper cut into a 6"x6" square
- Pipe cleaner (cut in half)
- Craft glue
- Three-hole punch
How to Make DIY Pinwheel Pencils:1. Fold paper diagonally up to the corner and repeat on the opposite side.
2. Cut along the creased lines you made when folding. Don't cut all the way down, leave approx 1".
3. Using the three-hole punch, make a hole in the center of the paper.
4. Put a small amount of craft glue around the hole.
5. Bring every other corner of the paper to the center and hold in the glue for approximately one minute (be sure to not cover the hole with the corners). Let dry for an additional minute or so.
6. Take the Pipe cleaner and wrap it around the pencil two times and remove.
7. Take the straight end of the pipe cleaner and put it through the center of the pinwheel. Pull until the part you wrapped around the pencil is secured in the center.
8. Wrap the remaining piece of pipe cleaner around the top of the pencil.
Now you are ready to try it out, have fun!