Whether you’re heading to the snow or making your way down south, it’s essential to dress for the elements. With that said, finding pieces that are both stylish and easy-to-wear can get a little difficult. From sunshine-filled days to rainy nights, browse pieces that’ll keep your little one stylish in every element.
Kickee Pants Pink Raindrop PJs
Rainy day & staying in? Make sure your baby girl stays warm and comfy in this snug PJ set.
Splendid California Sweater
World travelers, rejoice – this one’s for you! This cozy-cool sweater is a rain or shine essential!
Splendid Holiday Knit Coverall
This coverall is not only easy to take on and off, but it also boasts a cute little hoodie to keep your mini warm and dry on those chilly days.
SHOP RAINY DAY LOOKS
Chibella Bow Scarf
Looking for a perfect add-on to any winter outfit? Keep your little munchkin warm and toasty in the snow with this hand knit bow scarf.
Splendid Thermal Fair Isle Henley
Ideal for jaunts in the snow, this pullover is an essential layering piece for your little one.
Pink Chicken Woodblock Dress
Dress shopping? This is quite possibly the perfect printed dress for your mini as she runs wild through the flower fields on a beautiful, sunny day.
EGG India Cover Up
Ideal for a day at the beach or strolls 'round town, this ah-dorable little cover up is printed to perfection. The best part? The super-soft cotton is so lightweight.
Rowdy Sprout CA Fringe Shirt
This fringe tank top was specially made for every Cali mini-babe out there. It works wonders as a tank to wear over any swimsuit, whether you’re poolside or at the beach.
31 Bits Fruit Frenzy Bracelet
Your princess will be sure to shine bright in the sun with this fruit frenzy bracelet. The best part? She can wear it solo or stack it up with her collection of other fun accessories.
SHOP SUNNY DAY LOOKS
Love these looks as much as we do? Shop what's new for tons more!
For this month’s Mom Crush Monday, we had the pleasure of chatting with Melissa Brown, an infant sleep guru with some seriously amazing tricks up her sleeve. Thanks to years of professional study and personal experience, this inspiring mama of five has made it her mission to help other families find peace and joy in a usually chaotic time. Intrigued? Read on for more!
First of all, you’re one of SIX children! How did growing up with so many siblings shape what you do today?
I think it made me appreciate the chaos. You realize that so many things are out of your control and you have to be able to just go with it. I also learned that you can cut down on the chaos, and I think that’s what I try to encourage families to do – to make sure all the baby’s needs are met before chaos ensues.
You started off working with families in a hospital setting. Can you tell us a little about what you did and how that inspired you to do what you do today?
Before I started SleepShop I worked as a Hospital Chaplain, which was hands down the most incredible job I ever had because I learned to work with people through all different walks of life. I take the same approach as I meet with different families today, helping them find a rhythm that works for them while also staying true to what they value most.
What’s your favorite part about being a mom?
The laughter the random things they say, the embarrassing things that they do, the unabashed way they love, the ridiculous conversations they have with each other. I want to remember all the weird and funny things because it truly is my favorite part.
You have extensive training helping parents and children get a good night’s rest.
Do your teachings change based on the family you’re working with at the time, or are they pretty much consistent? The end result is usually the same but the journey is always different. I want to incorporate their individual parenting style into the process. If they don’t believe in it, they won’t stay with it and it’s important that they feel good about every choice they make for their baby!
What inspires you?
Family. I truly love the family I was born into and the one God has so graciously blessed me with, and I love being around other families too. I think kids build their inner confidence starting from their home, and I believe when they get that from their own family, they are able to share it with all other future relationships.
Sleep issues are a huge worry for new parents. How do you help them ease into trusting you?
I try and be as up-front as possible from the beginning. I am clear about what my suggestions will probably be, but also share with them ways we can do things a little differently so they are comfortable with the plan. I want things done with as little tears as possible (from everyone!), which is why I take the extra time to walk families through each step, explaining the reasoning behind it.
How do you balance work with family?
Boundaries. I try to only take on a certain amount of clients at a time and that helps a lot so I can manage my time better. I give myself a lot of grace, and I ask for help when I need it. Honestly, I would be lost without my husband and my nanny!
How do you like to relax?
WINE. And Netflix. :)
What’s your favorite local family activity?
We love having people over and letting the kids all hang together. I would love to do more physical activities with the kids once they are older, but right now the easiest place to let them run wild is at our house.
What’s your favorite family vacation spot?
Anywhere that’s in the sun by a beach or a pool!
2016 is finally here, which means it’s time to revamp your little one’s wardrobe! Lucky for you, we’re here to help you keep your mini comfy, cute, and on-trend all season long. Need some new-season inspo? Check out our handpicked favorites below and start shopping!
1. Frankie And Sue Joani Jumper
Heading somewhere chilly? Stay cozy with this soft velvet jumpsuit, and complete the look with the faux fur vest above.
2. Appaman Penny Lane Coat
Shearling is so in this year! Keep your baby’s wardrobe up-to-date with a coat that will keep her warm and stylish all year round.
3. Frankie And Sue Amelia Vest
Layer to your heart’s content with this posh faux fur vest. Trust us, it goes perfectly with jumpsuits, sweaters, pants, and beyond!
4. 31 Bits Dreamy Day Bracelet Set
Make your baby girl’s dream come true with this beautiful bracelet set, specially made from Uganda. The best part? She can rock one solo, or share one with her BFF!
5. Paige Lauren Kangaroo Romper
This super soft and cozy hoodie coverall is absolutely perfect for your little sprout! We’re talkin’ some serious comfort up in here.
6. Prefresh Hello Ladies Tee
Ladies boy? This tee is great for every little charmer.
Feeling inspired? Shop what's new for more!
There’s nothing cuter than those first few years. Between naptime, snacktime, and playtime, baby pieces need to be comfy, versatile, easy to pull on (and off!), and of course, stylish! With that said, we’ve handpicked some of our favorite baby looks on the site to make your search for super-cute styles easier than ever. Whether you’re shopping for your own little one or your besties’ new baby, we know you’ll find something you love.
1. Splendid Holiday Knit Coverall
Keep your baby happy and comfortable in this super-soft one-piece.
2. Livly Pink Simplicity Footie
Made from 100% organic pima cotton, this adorable onesie is soft and non-irritating, making it perfect for newborns. The best part? It can be adjusted at the top for an individualized fit.
3. Splendid Fair Isle Thermal Set
Cozy and festive, this comfy set is perfect for the holidays or casual nights at home. Thermal fabric and banded cuffs make it extra-warm, and the versatile colors make it easy to style with other pieces in the closet.
4. Joah Love Diamond Set
Shine bright like a diamond in this two-piece get-up. So comfy, it’s easy to throw-on-and go on those extra-busy days. Joah Love’s pieces are so incredibly soft, we also love this as a PJ set.
5. Paige Lauren Black Keys Romper
Featuring snaps in the front and a little back pocket, we know you’ll get a lot of use out of this lightweight gem. Androgynous shades make it work for girls and boys of every size!
6. Livly Stars Body
Perfect for days on-the-go or nighttime snuggles, this long sleeve onesie instantly puts a smile on our face. Thick, soft, and stretchy, we guarantee you (and your little one!) will fall in love.
Let’s face it: kids everywhere have already made their lists (and checked ‘em twice!). With that said, it’s always fun to surprise them with a little something extra you know they’ll use (and love!).
Whether you’ve got a baby on board, a little lady on your hands, or a big boy in the house, we’ve rounded up some ah-mazing presents that’ll last. Oh, and while you’re at it, be sure to stock up on some ultra-cool stocking stuffers (under $25!), too!
From girly girl to boho beauty, we know you’ll find something you love.
SHOP GIRLS GIFTS
Original, unexpected, and just plain cool gifts for that stylish little gent.
SHOP BOYS GIFTS
Make their first few months their most stylish with these super-cute wares.
SHOP BABY GIFTS
Because sometimes, the littlest gifts bring the most joy.
SHOP UNDER $25 GIFTS
Not sure what to buy? No problem! A Hatched Baby Gift Card is always a good idea in our book!
As many of you know, Hatched Baby was born after my husband Dave and I welcomed our baby girl into the world. Like many parents, we wanted to outfit our daughter in pieces that were creative and stylish from brands we trusted.
Today, our mission is to provide the highest quality products that reflect the artful, whimsical, and inspiring nature of childhood. With that said, we carefully curate each and every brand on the site, handpicking pieces from small businesses and vendors around the world. Between brands like Tiny Whales, Brown Sugar Beach, Kishu, and Chirp (our own little venture!), there’s something for everyone, and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
We hope you’re loving everything you come across on Hatched Baby. Stay tuned for more exciting stuff on the way!
As the weather gets cooler, most of us switch out our kiddos’ wardrobe to reflect the seasonal shift. But this year, instead of opting for blacks, blues, and greys, we’re looking to liven things up with some prints! And lucky for you, this year’s coolest styles are, in fact, printed, which makes things easier than ever.
Bring your little’s look to life with fall wears that make a majorly fun statement.
1. This season, say yes to stripes! Pre washed for a vintage feel, these stunners are printed with non-toxic water based ink and look amazing with a statement tee, some fuzzy boots and of course, a cozy scarf.
Kira Kids Stripe Tan Leggings, Hatched Baby
2. Fun and flirty, this feminine number will leave your little diva feeling pretty in pink. It’s comfy enough to dress up or down, so pair it with booties, leggings, and a leather jacket and head out into the great outdoors in style. The best part? Those ah-dorable ruffles.
Joah Love Striped Ruffle Dress, Hatched Baby
3. Conquer the cold in these slim fit cotton camo pants. Made in the USA, they’re oh-so-cool with a denim jacket, black long sleeve, and some cool-guy sneakers. Fashion-forward and comfy? We’re in.
Joah Love Sid Camo Pant, Hatched Baby
4. Sway away from basic grey with this splatter-print romper. It’s not only loose, but it also boasts cuffed ankles and a snap closure at the shoulder. It’s perfect for boys and girls, and looks oh-so-cute with sneakers and a jacket.
Sweet Luka Mo Splatter Tank Romper, Hatched Baby
5. Give those single shade coats a break and make a chic statement with this bold and bright piece. Soft wool and cool buttons provide warmth in the most stylish way possible. Wear it with skinnies, a sweater, a knit beanie and some booties.
Appaman Clementine Coat, Hatched Baby
6. Amp up that basic cableknit with some funky retro leggings. This pair is a bit thicker than others, which makes ‘em perfect for cooler weather…and the print? It’s seriously mesmerizing!
Joah Love Kina Maze Leggings, Hatched Baby
Not to worry you or anything, but the holidays will be here in just a few weeks. And while we’re sure you’ve got some gift tricks up your sleeve, it always helps to have some creative, unexpected, and oh-so-cool ideas to make the little ones in your life smile.
From super-cute get-ups to books that teach a lesson, browse our curated list of unique gifts.
1. The perfect stocking stuffer, this bright and pretty bracelet is inspired by Uganda’s vast blue skies, filling the air with sparkling rays of sun. Bonus: It’s an incredible company to support.
31 Bits Fruit Frenzy Bracelet, Hatched Baby
2. Give that stylish gal in your life something to covet with this Navajo Blue Kimono. Featuring a chic paisley print and cream fringe, it’s a great accent to a plain top and denim (or as a bathing suit cover-up come summer!).
CHIRP Navajo Blue Kimono, Hatched Baby
3. First off, this cotton doll is literally life-size! Second, it’s handmade in Peru and boasts an attachable necklace that your little one can rock, too! It takes playtime to entirely new levels – trust us.
Harmony Giant Doll, BlaBla
4. Perfect for boys and girls, this pom-pom beanie is warm, cozy, and oh-so-playful. Plus, we can’t get enough of the googly eye graphic on the front.
Googly eye pom-pom beanie, Gap
5. Another great stocking stuffer, these smiley socks are durable, soft, and machine washable. They’re an awesome way to brighten a gloomy winter day, too!
Hansel from Basel 2 pack of Smiley Socks, Hatched Baby
6. A bow tie for little people? Yes, please! This red and white pin striped-stunner takes any outfit from ordinary to extraordinary. Gift it with a matching button down for the coolest get-up on the block.
RHYLA Cherry Pinstripe Bow Tie, Hatched Baby
7. Show the little in your life the meaning of kindness with this magical book. Complete with ah-dorable illustrations and heartwarming text, it’s easy-to-understand and a great way to teach a holiday-inspired lesson.
What Does It Mean To Be Kind? by Rana DiOrio, Amazon
8. Show him exactly who you think he is with Joah Love’s Hero Long Sleeve Tee. Thick, soft, and made in the USA, this tee is the warmest way to let that hero shine!
Joah Love Hero Long Sleeve Tee, Hatched Baby
We love this wreath for so many reasons....It's so easy to make, looks fantastic all year long and can be made to work for any Holiday!
What you'll need:
1 - Large drop cloth
1 - Wire Wreath Frame
How to make the wreath:
1. Cut several and we mean SEVERAL 2'W X 6''L strips (the amount of strips needed will depend on how large your wire frame is. For an average size frame, you will need approximately 350 strips.
**Don't worry if the drop cloth begins to fray a bit while you are cutting, it will just add to the "look"
2. Tie the strips in knots directly onto each area of the wire frame. Add enough strips to each section so you don't see any part of the wire frame. Continue tying until the entire frame is covered.
3. To add some extra pizazz, add some colorful ribbon that reflects the season!
For this and other amazing crafts visit:
The Holidays are right around the corner, and while we’re sure many of you mamas have your outfits lined up, it’s time to start thinking of your little ones festive get-ups, too!
From Thanksgiving with the family to New Years with friends, we’ve got outfit ideas that will ensure your mini will shine bright all through the holidays!
Darling and dotted, this Ruffle Dot Dress is fun and stylish, yet perfectly appropriate for the dinner table. Style it with some black tights, patent Mary Janes, and a bright headband (for a little pop of color!).
This faux fur cable hoodie is classic and functional, making it a win in our book. Pair it with a checkered button down, dark denim jeans, and a cool boot and your little will be the most stylish gent at the dinner table.
Christmas morning is all about comfort – without sacrificing style, of course. Have her dressed comfortably to the nines in this ah-dorable tunic dress, a soft legging, and some warm, fuzzy boots (the best!).
Let boys be boys in this moveable look. Cool and comfortable, we love these super-stylish sweat pants – especially with a lightweight pullover, a cheeky graphic tee and some cool kicks. Your little man will be ready to open presents in style – and head out for some playtime after.
NEW YEARS EVE
A standout piece for fall and winter, this ikat print dress looks so cute with a sparkly legging, some metallic shoes, and of course – the perfect piece of jewelry!
Sometimes, simple makes the biggest impact. Dress your little prepster like a true gent in some corduroy pants, a cuffed button down, and pinstripe bow tie!
We had the best time shooting our latest lookbook the other day. We’re in love with the photos, and even in the crazy heat/humidity, the kiddos did fantastic!
We were lucky enough to shoot with the amazing Matthew Morgan. Matt has an amazing way of capturing the essence of people and moments, so he was an obvious choice for this shoot. Oh, and let’s not forget the fact that he has major experience dealing with kids thanks to his 13 (yes, really!) nieces and nephews!
This collection is all about the ‘70s. From vintage-inspired tees to retro coats, there’s something for every style and every personality.
Check out some of our favorite pieces from the collection:
1. A fall favorite, Egg’s cute little Raindrops Dress looks absolutely adorable with rain boots and an umbrella. The jersey knit fabric is super-comfy, and the two patch pockets on the front are made exactly for your stylish fashionista!
2. The epitome of 1960s movie star, Appaman’s Clementine Coat boats princess seams and a wide, rounded notch collar. It’s a retro essential that looks absolutely ah-mazing in person! Pick it up now to keep your mini warm all season long.
3. Rule the playground in this cozy cool denim jacket. Appaman’s Uptown Denim Jacket gives off that layered look without all those pesky layers. Bonus: It’s 100% cotton, which makes it ideal for days ‘round the house or on the go.
4. Pink Chicken’s Poncho is a winter-weather essential! Made of the finest sweater fabric out there, it’s the perfect addition to any outfit. It’ll keep any boho babe warm, stylish, and seriously adorable!
5. Splendid’s Knit Denim Jeggings are classic and skinny with just the right amount of stretch. They’re a timeless staple for any little ones wardrobe and look dashing with just about anything. The best part? They look exactly like jeans but feel like leggings. Score!
6. Corduroy is all the rage this season, which means these are an essential pair in every stylish little’s closet. Egg’s corduroy pants boasts a dark caramel finish and can be dressed up or down for the ultimate in versatility.
7. Susie’s Custom Less Distressed denim pants are hand-ripped and distressed, giving them a totally unique appearance. We love the attention to detail on these stylish pants. Pair ‘em with a sweater, button-down, or simple white tee for the ultimate in cool-guy appeal.
What are your favorite styles from our latest lookbook? We’d love to hear your thoughts!
Good news! It’s officially sweater weather! As the weather starts to cool down, most of us mamas are putting those trusty ‘ol tees away and opting for a super-cute knit. With that said, it’s important to get strategic with your seasonal purchases because, let’s face it, your mini will be wearing ‘em straight through winter.
Need some inspo? That’s where we come in. Browse new-season sweaters perfect for every style and every personality. Whether it’s a chunky knit or a cozy cardigan, we’ve got you covered.
1. Sol Angeles Wild Side Pullover
We can’t get enough of this cozy cool style. Perfect for transitioning weather, it looks so chic with leggings and joggers. The 100% organic cotton fabric is so soft, your kiddos will live in it.
2. Splendid California Sweater
Show off that love for your hometown with this vintage-inspired sweater. A crew neck collar makes it easy to take on-and-off, while a gusset detail and striped trim add necessary style. It’s perfect worn solo or layered over other looks. PS – the brick and grey shades look great with everything.
3. Egg Striped Cardigan
Meet the most perfect addition to any outfit. We’re obsessed with the cool, contrasting trim – it adds such a modern twist. Equal parts hipster and preppy, it’s a versatile addition to every wardrobe. Style it with cuffed skinny jeans, converse, and a stylish fedora.
4. Kira Kids Frenchie Le Pup Sweatshirt
Perfect for on-the-go jaunts, this playful sweatshirt is printed on super-soft raglan fleece and boasts an amazing vintage feel. Your little one will be obsessed with the ah-dorable Frenchie Le Pup print! Style it with a skirt, leggings, booties, or sneakers – the choice is yours!
5. Egg Faux Fur Cable Hoodie
The coolest way to cover up! This super-soft grey zip-up hoodie comes complete with a Sherpa lining and so-stylish suede elbow pads. Wear it over a button down, t-shirt, or thin sweater. You’ll fall in love with how nice and warm it feels against the skin.
6. Appaman Shoulder Panel Sweater
For that little prepster in all of us! This navy fine knit sweater boasts on-trend brown leather shoulder panels that add an extra dose of style. Perfect for layering (and dressing up or down!), it looks great with corduroys and a plaid shirt.