Music for the Delivery Room
When prepping for your baby's arrival, there are a million things to get ready. While creating your birth plan and packing your hospital bag, it seems the list of important details to consider is never ending.
Music for the delivery room is a detail that is easily overlooked but has the potential to keep you sane during labor and even delivery. We suggest compiling a playlist ahead of time and purchasing a wireless or Bluetooth speaker dock to pack in your hospital bag.
Make a dreary delivery room more comfortable through the sense of sound.
Perfect Labor Playlist
After speaking to several moms, we have broken down the components of a perfect labor playlist.
1. Include some fun music that you love. This is nice to listen to if you are waiting awhile to be induced and it's nice to have for after delivery.
2. Include some sentimental songs.
3. Include lots of relaxing music. Think spa-like environment. This will help you relax and concentrate on the matter at hand.
4. Include some new songs. There is nothing like creating memories to music. You will forever think of this life changing event when you hear this song.
As for the best devices, here are a few options in different price ranges, all from Target. You will also get a lot of use of this device once the baby is born as you can play lullabies, womb sounds and some toddler tunes when they get a bit older.
1. $29.99 Altec Lansing HydraMini Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
2. $59.99 Sony Extra Bass Portable Compact Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
3. $79.99 JBL Clip 4 Portable Bluetooth Waterproof Speaker
4. $149.99 Ultimate Ears Boom 3 Bluetooth Speaker
5. $219.99 Bose SoundLink Revolve II Portable Bluetooth Speaker
We hope adding music for the delivery room helps make your labor and delivery experience a little more special and comfortable.